This position is a full-time 12-month position. The Principal reports directly to the Head of School and is responsible for the comprehensive oversight and implementation of all academic and student activities. This person will ensure an orderly, productive environment and a supportive culture and climate while serving as an integral part of the administrative team.
For over 100 years, Woodward School has provided a program that fosters a love of learning while providing rigorous instruction in academic disciplines, the arts and athletics. Preparation for college and for life are vital objectives that should occur in unison. Our teachers make learning relevant to the needs of today. We help our diverse students develop into young women who are committed to the School's mission and will be positive, engaged members of the community and the larger world. We are proud of our history, the quality of our programs, and, most importantly, the articulate, self-confident, and responsible citizens our students become.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university, Master’s preferred.
- Five years recent experience in secondary school education.
- Proven record of administrative leadership.
- Able to effectively communicate with students, faculty, staff, and parents; requires demonstrated effectiveness in oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of current trends and developments in education with a comprehensive knowledge of the learning process and educational research. It is expected that the Principal will also have had exposure to standards-based education.
- To implement the Head of School’s directives regarding all aspects of the school.
- To act as the educational leader of the school, responsible for its day-to-day educational operation.
- To support, supervise, and evaluate faculty and staff, curriculum, and programs.
- To maintain student discipline and follow-through with corresponding record keeping related to discipline.
- To consult with Head of School regarding any student suspensions or expulsions prior to implementation.
- To maintain the educational standards as agreed upon by the Head of School, including those standards necessary for accreditation and compliance with legal regulations.
- To review/develop, follow, and ensure compliance with Woodward Schools policies and procedures.
- To make recommendations to the Head of School regarding the hiring, termination, retention, assignment, and duties of the faculty and staff.
- To meet with parents and guardians regarding concerns related to the student academic, behavioral, or developmental issues.
- To assist in the preparation of a master school schedule and to assign teachers and students to classes and other obligations.
- To monitor AP courses and serve as AP coordinator, or oversee designee.
- To oversee extra-curricular and co-curricular activities of the school.
- To attend all major school functions. To support the admissions and development efforts of the school. To maintain, in coordination with other staff, the master school calendar. To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- WSG conducts background checks and employment authorizations.
- Current authorization to work in the United States.
- Required to move about campus regularly.
- Must demonstrate competency with word processing, data processing, and internet functions, as well as all applications used in the regular functioning of the school.
- Some evenings and weekends are required.
Please send cover letter, resume, three references and any other relevant information to email@example.com
The Woodward School does not discriminate based on race, color, age, disability, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, or sexual orientation and is committed to maintaining a workplace where all individuals can flourish.