Admissions at Woodward
How Do We Select Students?
Woodward seeks academically motivated and responsible students of good character, who are kind and considerate in their social interactions. The admissions committee evaluates each applicant through a holistic perspective, considering academic and non-academic factors.
We consider the following criteria:
- The applicant’s academic record from her previous school(s) for at least the current and prior school years, as we seek to determine a student’s ability to be successful at Woodward;
- Performance on standardized tests, including the ISEE or SSAT, and/or other tests administered at a previous school;
- The applicant’s personal qualities, especially character, motivation, academic aspirations, responsibility, work ethic, independence, leadership, and consideration for others in her community;
- The applicant’s demonstrated interest and ability to be a positive member of the Woodward School community;
- Other interests and accomplishments that highlight a student’s passions and engagement beyond the classroom.
To learn more about the admissions process at Woodward, or apply, click here.